With tax time upon us choosing the right accountant is very important to ensure you get the most out of your tax refund and are made aware of what is available to you. With the ever changing tax landscape it is important to find an accountant who understands these changes and can provide you with accurate and up-to date tax advice.
Let’s face it, sorting through paperwork and receipts, trying to make sense of all the year-end tax statements and working out what can and can’t be claimed isn’t everyone’s favourite pastime. As painful as it may seem, it is compliance and needs to be done every year (if you are required to lodge a tax return). To help you find the right accountant we have prepared a checklist to help you engage with the correct professional;
What you should look for in an accountant:
- Accurate and up to date tax advice – Ensure your accountant understands your industry and has up to date knowledge to ensure you are claiming all your eligible deductions and are aware of what is available for you.
- Be proactive – Find an accountant that will be proactive in not only ensuring you are compliant, but also teach and educate you on what is required to be done, what things can be done better and offer tips and support tailored to suit your needs.
- Save you tax – By asking the right questions and offering suggestions / advice you accountant should be able to save you tax.
- Access to a professional network– A good accountant will look at the overall picture when servicing their clients. Find an accountant who not only completes your tax but can help refer you to a trusted financial planner, mortgage broker, bookkeeper, property advocate or solicitor to name a few.
- Clear pricing – Find an accountant who is reasonably priced or who can indicate prices of standard services up front. Nobody likes surprise bills.
- Be available – Find an accountant that is available to take your calls, reply to your emails or who is open extended hours over the peak periods.
When looking for an accountant to partner with you on your tax journey look for a reputable accountant. Someone who will take the time to ask the right questions, get to know you and your business (or non-business clients) and provide you with information to help you better understand the tax landscape and offer suggestions to help you legitimately minimise your tax.
At Choice Accounting we have a professional team ready to help you look after your tax affairs and welcome you to use our professional network of trusted advisers. Our team of proactive accountants will take the time to ask the right questions, get to know you and your requirements and offer suggestions. We are here to help.
This year we have a Standard Individual Tax Return package for $110.00 incl. GST which includes;
- Your Standard Individual Tax Return prepared and lodged
- Free lost super search
- Free 30-minute consultation with a financial planner
- Free mortgage health check.
To take advantage of this great offer please contact our office on (03) 9386 1244 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org alternatively leave your details on our website www.choice-accounting.com.au and we will contact you.
Our office is located at 829A Sydney Road Brunswick Victoria 3056 however our clients aren’t limited to the Brunswick area. If you can’t make it to our office we can organise an alternative measure, please contact our office to discuss.